- Ensure all tasks completed safely
- Communicate with Superintendent & Project Manager
- Know the Drawings and contract
- Ensure work is being undertaken safely. Highlight areas of safety and financial risk to FM.
- Materials take off and order
- Coordinate subcontractors and suppliers
- Material take off.
- As project progresses, gravel quantities, spoil quantities, other material quantities
- Know methodology planned and budget adopted during bid. Keep track.
- Know what is not included in bid. When an extra comes up or see coming up, talk to the PM.
- Review methodology and production to ensure meeting budget expectations and contract requirements.
- Track/record all gravel and spoil imports. Update crew on amounts of budget used.
- Plan ahead full duration of project with superintendent and foreman so avoid obstructions/delays.
- Review work being undertaken with foreman to ensure extras are picked up. Communicate extras to owner/engineer.
- When dealing with novice owners then need to be hands-on coordinating with engineer and owner to make sure decisions made and project-wide tasks are accomplished.
- Check that QC tests and inspections are being undertaken. Ensure QC lists being ticked off if required.
- Remind Superintendent/FM of important tasks, critical items, methodologies. Advise Super of any troubles noted.
PC check list including but not limited to:
- Ensure BC1 call up to date.
- Process change orders/site instructions and update full sets of drawings.
Question Number 1
Question Number 2
Heavy Equipment Operator
As a Heavy Equipment Operator it is crucial to be meticulous at your work. Staying updated on certifications and training, working safely, and meeting project deadlines should always be the top priority. Operators should also be well adapted to all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather, project schedules, congested work spaces, etc.Learn more
Construction project coordinators plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction project, under the direction of a general manager. You will work on-site most of the time, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project.Learn more
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.Learn more
Matcon is seeking Labourer's that possess a positive “can do” attitude. It is beneficial for workers to have experience using hand tools, capability to sit or stand for long periods; handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis, and ensure all tasks completed safely. Workers must have the ability and willingness to work in all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather.Learn more
Construction project manager plan, organize, and direct the activities of construction project's, under the direction of a Division Manager. You will be responsible for the large scope of project operations, and building strong relationships with clients.Learn more
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of our projects.Learn more