A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Foreman responsibilities include:
- Ensure work is being undertaken safely. Get crew to believe in and implement safety system.
- COMMUNICATE; problems, site instructions, stripping depths, observations, incidents, contract conditions.
- Complete work on budget, on schedule, and to required level of quality (right first time)
- Ensure BC1 call is up to date and laid out with grademan, pipelayer, and operator.
- Maximize safe production. Check against daily budget.
- Stay on site, get out of truck, get out of office.
- Ensure quality work. Ensure asbuilts done daily.
- Timesheet completion and in on time. DEWS.
- Plan ahead 1 week. Ensure all materials on site for next 2-3 days at least.
- Ask PM if not sure on contract conditions. Know drawings in detail.
- Review MMCD drawings and municipal specific specs.
- Motivate, train and mentor crews. Delegate work but check up on it. Write up if required.
- Ensure crew are looking after and maintaining tools. Ensure site and tools are secured at the end of the day. - Book inspectors
- Daily detailed site specific note taking.
Split with Senior Foreman if there is one on the job:
- Truck, gravel, spoil, and material deliveries ordering
- Should know how much gravel needed
- Layout, testing, subs and inspections
- Call flaggers with Superintendent help if needed
- Assign person to review QC forms if required
- Advising Project Manager
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.Learn more
Construction project coordinators plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction project, under the direction of a general manager. You will work on-site most of the time, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project.Learn more
Matcon is seeking Labourer's that possess a positive “can do” attitude. It is beneficial for workers to have experience using hand tools, capability to sit or stand for long periods; handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis, and ensure all tasks completed safely. Workers must have the ability and willingness to work in all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather.Learn more
Matcon is actively seeking Drillers who are experienced in all aspects of construction. It is extremely important to work closely with the foreman and crew, as well as preform routine inspections and pre-trips to ensure the equipment is well cared for. Safety should be a great concern in this position, as other heavy equipment work is done in close proximity. Drilling work can be physically demanding, you will need the ability to carry 50lbs, stand for long periods of time and the ability to withstand all weather conditions.Learn more
Pipe Layers main responsibilities are to help the foreman and crew to align, position, and install pipe in accordance with project specifications. Once the pipe has been properly installed, the Pipe Layer should help the operator ensure back fill and compaction around pipe is done efficiently for the positioning and support of the installed pipe. Pipe Layers should be comfortable in confined spaces, always work safely around utilities, promote a safe work environment adhering to safety policies and procedures including participation in daily safety meetings.Learn more
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of our projects.Learn more