A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Foreman responsibilities include:
- Ensure work is being undertaken safely. Get crew to believe in and implement safety system.
- COMMUNICATE; problems, site instructions, stripping depths, observations, incidents, contract conditions.
- Complete work on budget, on schedule, and to required level of quality (right first time)
- Ensure BC1 call is up to date and laid out with grademan, pipelayer, and operator.
- Maximize safe production. Check against daily budget.
- Stay on site, get out of truck, get out of office.
- Ensure quality work. Ensure asbuilts done daily.
- Timesheet completion and in on time. DEWS.
- Plan ahead 1 week. Ensure all materials on site for next 2-3 days at least.
- Ask PM if not sure on contract conditions. Know drawings in detail.
- Review MMCD drawings and municipal specific specs.
- Motivate, train and mentor crews. Delegate work but check up on it. Write up if required.
- Ensure crew are looking after and maintaining tools. Ensure site and tools are secured at the end of the day. - Book inspectors
- Daily detailed site specific note taking.
Split with Senior Foreman if there is one on the job:
- Truck, gravel, spoil, and material deliveries ordering
- Should know how much gravel needed
- Layout, testing, subs and inspections
- Call flaggers with Superintendent help if needed
- Assign person to review QC forms if required
- Advising Project Manager
Matcon is looking for Grademen who are proficient in their use of survey instruments to establish correct grade for construction projects with the ability to read plans. Must be mathematically inclined to accurately complete many functions of the job.Learn more
Heavy Equipment Operator
As a Heavy Equipment Operator it is crucial to be meticulous at your work. Staying updated on certifications and training, working safely, and meeting project deadlines should always be the top priority. Operators should also be well adapted to all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather, project schedules, congested work spaces, etc.Learn more
Construction project coordinators plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction project, under the direction of a general manager. You will work on-site most of the time, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project.Learn more
Matcon is actively seeking Drillers who are experienced in all aspects of construction. It is extremely important to work closely with the foreman and crew, as well as preform routine inspections and pre-trips to ensure the equipment is well cared for. Safety should be a great concern in this position, as other heavy equipment work is done in close proximity. Drilling work can be physically demanding, you will need the ability to carry 50lbs, stand for long periods of time and the ability to withstand all weather conditions.Learn more
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.Learn more
Pipe Layers main responsibilities are to help the foreman and crew to align, position, and install pipe in accordance with project specifications. Once the pipe has been properly installed, the Pipe Layer should help the operator ensure back fill and compaction around pipe is done efficiently for the positioning and support of the installed pipe. Pipe Layers should be comfortable in confined spaces, always work safely around utilities, promote a safe work environment adhering to safety policies and procedures including participation in daily safety meetings.Learn more