Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure work being undertaken safely
- Get crew to believe in and implement safety system
- Maximize safe production
- Ensure BC1 call is up to date and laid out with foreman, pipelayer, and operator.
- Ensure quality work
- Know drawings in detail at start of project to look for gaps in information.
- Review MMCD drawings and municipal specific specs.
- Check survey layout 2 weeks in advance. Final planning and layout calcs 2 days ahead.
- Set up transits and benchmarks. Check with closing-the-loop.
- Work with the crew to set grades.
- Daily as builts.
- Train and mentor crews.
- Care and maintenance of grademans tools.
Heavy Equipment Operator
As a Heavy Equipment Operator it is crucial to be meticulous at your work. Staying updated on certifications and training, working safely, and meeting project deadlines should always be the top priority. Operators should also be well adapted to all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather, project schedules, congested work spaces, etc.Learn more
Construction project coordinators plan, organize, and direct the activities of a construction project, under the direction of a general manager. You will work on-site most of the time, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project.Learn more
A construction foreman has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.Learn more
Matcon is seeking Labourer's that possess a positive “can do” attitude. It is beneficial for workers to have experience using hand tools, capability to sit or stand for long periods; handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis, and ensure all tasks completed safely. Workers must have the ability and willingness to work in all types of adverse conditions such as extreme weather.Learn more
Construction project manager plan, organize, and direct the activities of construction project's, under the direction of a Division Manager. You will be responsible for the large scope of project operations, and building strong relationships with clients.Learn more
We are looking for a competent Construction Foreman to coordinate operations and oversee workers at our construction sites. As the point of reference of both workers and supervisors, you will be a key person for the completion of our projects.Learn more