Walkway replacement on a rock face above the hydro dam.
This work is being completed above Highway 23 on a 150' vertical rock face, accessed from ropes, by crane basket and by man lift. The layout for drilling must avoid existing multi-strand anchors installed in the 1970's.
Following is a summary of the project highlights:
- demolition of existing walkway
- installation of 3m rock bolts to support steel trusses
- steel fabrication of walkway components
- installation of galvanized steel walkway components
- installation of pressure treated timbers and decking
See similar projects
See all projects
Our rock stabilzation team installed hundreds of meters of rockfall barrier and handled the inspection of existing infrastructure.Learn more
Installation of rockfall barriers to accommodate safer pedestrian and student access between GW Graham School and the Promontory subdivision.Learn more
WAC Bennett Dam Chute Restoration
A challenging project with restricted access drilling on a 40 degree concrete slope working primarily during night shifts.Learn more