This Project Involved
As part of Graymont Western Canada’s decommissioning and reclamation of the Pavilion Lime Plant, Matcon was contracted to remove and dispose of all existing structures involving:
- Preparation of a site-specific Health & Safety Plan and Environmental Protection Plan for the project;
- Mobilization of all heavy equipment/supplies to remote site, north of Lillooet.
- Removal and off-site disposal of hazardous materials prior to demolition works.
- Removal of asbestos containing material from within a pre-heater with use of robotic demolition.
- Explosive Demolition of structural steel to speed up project timeframe
- Demolition of over 20 various structures and features, with all debris and scrap steel removed from site for disposal;
- Demolition of over 2000 M3 of concrete foundations, with material crushed for re-use as aggregate off-site;