This Project Involved:
- Installation of 500, 1 m diameter, 9m deep (4500 M2) cased secant piles to form an impermeable barrier wall to isolate the site from the surrounding contaminated sites;
- Excavation, management and disposal of ~1,500 MT of large slag from historic foundry operations;
- Excavation and on-site screening of ~5,500 M3 of contaminated soil/debris to separate the soil and debris;
- Off-site transport and disposal of ~11,000 MT of contaminated soil and debris for disposal;
- Installation of a whaler and tie-back anchors to allow the secant pile wall to act an excavation shoring face;
- Pumping of contaminated water to a water treatment system prior to discharge.