This Project Involved
The new indoor Tactical Training Centre was built to allow the use of non-hazardous ammunition manufactured from tin, copper and ferrous metals. The purpose of the project was to separate the valuable metals from the chipped rubber berms.
- Schedule coordination with multiple users of the gun range.
- Security clearance for all personnel.
- Set up of a contained and covered processing area.
- Design and manufacture of an air-powered centrifugal separator.
- Safe work procedures for new work processes.
- Use of electric-powered equipment in indoor locations.
- Removal of rubber and bullet mixture through limited access (man doors) using a vac truck.
- Processing of material and returning rubber to gun range via a bark blower.
- Separating ferrous from non-ferrous metals.
- Securing separated metal in drums for recycling.